Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Water Gardening: How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update!, 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update!

Forum: Water Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update!
wrote:
Okay, I'm new and just starting to dig the pond. After a few wheelbarrows full of glacial till they call soil around here, I'm enlisting some strong adolescent males to do the grunt work. I'm willing to pay to save my back. The plan is for the pond to be about 1500 gallons with the deepest part 3-4 feet. It will be a part of the garden. We'll be including a sloping rock 'beach' on part of the front edge since I have two dogs and they're going to approach the pond to drink whether I want them to or not. Might as well make it easy for them. Also, believe me, I already have plenty of rocks for this part. I'm currently experimenting with making my own landscaping rocks out of pieces of broken old cement patio and hypertufa to use around the edge of the liner. So far they look great so I'm encouraged to try some more. I'm addicted to projects so this may take awhile. Here's a photo of the general area I started to clear for the pond last year. I can tell you that as of now all the plants in the foreground and many to the left have found homes in other areas of the garden and the pond outline is about 3 times bigger. Ha! Let the addiction begin!