Photo by Melody

Ask-a-Dave's-Gardener: Growing from Seed Inside: Troubleshooting Sought., 3 by Fish_Fertilizer

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Fish_Fertilizer

Subject: Growing from Seed Inside: Troubleshooting Sought.

Forum: Ask-a-Dave's-Gardener

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Growing from Seed Inside: Troubleshooting Sought.
Fish_Fertilizer wrote:
Hi,
I\'ve been at this for many years but this year I found this time very challenging. My plants which I all started from seed are less than robust. They are long and spindly and the leaves are not very vibrant looking. Looking for advice. Couple of things to maybe help with the diagnosis. I used new grow lights....led ones I bought from Amazon. I kept them on 24x7 and learned this is not optimum (Before this I had fluorescent lights). I did put it on a timer but it was late in the season. I also have heat mats under the plant trays too. The other thing is that I used seedling soil that I purchased last year. I bought a big bag of it and it was leftover. Another part of this story is I went with another seed supplier, yes they were considerably cheaper but....maybe I\'m paying the price for being overly frugal. As you can surmise, there are a lot of moving parts here. I appreciate any help you can offer.

Many thanks,

Bob