Perennials: spring 2019, 2 by Loretta_NJ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Loretta_NJ

In reply to: spring 2019

Forum: Perennials

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of spring 2019
Loretta_NJ wrote:
I guess I didn\'t post my last reply. Thanks for the info on Hello Yellow. It would have been nice if it did reseed yellow. Oh well. The tropical yellow milkweed didn\'t reseed yellow for me either.
Well Keith, first let me compliment you on the clematis. Beautiful! I have attempted C. integrifolia a few times without success but I do have \'Alionushka\' and that has been good.
All your photos are gorgeous! I guess you don\'t have Scarlet Lily Beetles by you. I have thrown my hands up to them. Most of my lilies are gone but some survived and the beetle population declined this year. The one in the third picture has been run over by a winter sweet. Maybe that\'s why it survives.
I love Burning Hearts. I had a similar one \'Summer Nights\' that didn\'t return but many, many seedlings did, none with the special coloring. At least the groundhog doesn\'t seem to like them. This one, being run over by the neighboring bronze fennel, was actually a seedling of Loraine Sunshine. Not fancy but it blooms long and its complementary to many plants.
Poppy, Cherry Glow was nice enough to come back on its own.