Propagation: Plant Propagation, The Basics, July 2018, 2 by oxdriftgardener

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright oxdriftgardener

In reply to: Plant Propagation, The Basics, July 2018

Forum: Propagation

Back to post
Photo of Plant Propagation, The Basics, July 2018
oxdriftgardener wrote:
Tomatoes are really loving our hot summer this year.
1) Highly recommend this new find. This gem is called Tumbling Tom Yellow. Ended up finding it from one of my seed catalogues due to a request from 2 of my daughters. A few years back I had bought a package of mixed coloured mini tomatoes called Mosaic Mix. I guess both of the girls had gotten yellow ones from me and loved them. Those ones came in in mix of varying shades of red and also orange, yellow and purple. Being retired and all I have been trying to cut back on my spending without impacting the volume of what I grow and one way of doing that is by cutting down the number of suppliers I use to reduce shipping costs and also getting as much as possible from one new supplier that has really good prices AND doesn\'t charge any shipping as long as your order is over $60 which is very easy for me. So unfortunately I was not ordering from the company that sells the mix and even if I did it was a crap shoot as to whether you got yellow or not. So luckily I discovered these Tumbling Tom\'s that you can order by colour. The plants themselves are little sprawly but they are very heavy producers and are really sweet. I only have 2 plants and this is just one picking. Lots more to come
2) my main tomato variety, Primo Red