Wildlife: Birds, anyone ? ..., 1 by Magpye

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Magpye

In reply to: Birds, anyone ? ...

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Birds, anyone ? ...
Magpye wrote:
I've often heard some very faint little 'whistley' type calls in the trees .. and have, on a couple of occasions, been able to spy-ball the lil Black and White Warbler, but had never been able to fetch any decent pics of them ...

So, when I heard this same little call again, I quickly readied my cam'ra and tri-pod - in preparation to shoot these beautiful patterned wee little fellas, to my hearts desire. I kept hearing the calls, and they seemed to keep getting closer and closer .. but, could just never spot the Black and White Warbler. Just knew he had to be, practically, right on top of me. Never did see him .. so I just went back to shooting in the direction of the Aligator Log Feeder .. at more of the antics of the lil goofy greedy acrobatic Nuthatches ..

When, upon a wee bit closer examination .. Lo' and behold !! - I realized, that it wasn't two Nuthatches that I'd been seeing! It was just one Nuthatch - and the other little visitor, was the Yellow-Throated Warbler!!! Seeing only their back-side views .. he looked just like the Nuthatch. And, I was taking it for granted, that one was just a wee bit smaller .. a youngster maybe .. Then, when that little feller finally turned and that purtee yeller throat was full view of all to behold - - Whee boy!!!

So here ya go ...

My first ever sighting, and pitter/s, of the, apparently elusive ... Yellow-Throated Warbler !!

... Pic #1 ...

This message was edited Dec 7, 2005 9:08 AM