Perennials: What\'s Blooming 4, 1 by brendak654

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright brendak654

In reply to: What\'s Blooming 4

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's Blooming 4
brendak654 wrote:
Thank you birder - good to be missed and I always like a good comment on my pictures. Dave\'s Garden site does not seem the same so I have been very lax until my zinnias really got blooming - then I went looking for ZM the hybridizer with all the knowledge. Now I am having to learn to maneuver the site again - difficult. I\'ve had the perennial sweet pea before and split it up and killed it and it was never an invasive issue. Mine before did not put on the pea pods - this one has?? So that could be the invasive part - I\'ll see. Speaking of invasive - I have spearmint around a big pond and I always enjoy mowing through the mint here and there because of the release of fragrance. Well I think I created a monster with the mint. It has plugged up the area where I used as a crossing and it will not allow the water to pass through freely - not-a-good. Any suggestions???? Yes, I like that hibiscus. I, too have the red dot one and recently took one to a District Garden Club of Illinois show and it managed to win two ribbons. I have a picture, but it is the second day of bloom and it is a tad droopy -see below. Oh yes, I like the spiky white of the white hyacinth bean. I\'ve used it in a couple of bouquets and it is good for a couple days. It would really be good trellised in a moon garden. I like the white better than the purple. Birder - I happened onto a MG plant sale way earlier this year at Cape - was that the one you were at? It was sure fun. Good to chat.