Perennials: What\'s Blooming 4, 5 by brendak654

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright brendak654

In reply to: What\'s Blooming 4

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What's Blooming 4
brendak654 wrote:
Hello - \"What\'s Blooming 4\". Since my subscription had not ran out and I\'m just now finding all of these WONDERFUL people & posts that I used to look for almost daily - WOW - you never cease to amaze me. Such beauty, great ideas and creative minds.

I stumbled my way to getting here and read my way though. For those in zone 6ish - How\'s this day for a wonderful weather day? If only we could hold on to upper 70 temps most of the summer - we could probably really shine like Oxdrift. Hats off to you Oxdrift - it\'s beautiful there! As for me, I still the busy gardener here in Southern Illinois. Here is some of what\'s happening in my neck of the woods: #1 My Queen of the Prairie is setting seeds and I don\'t have near the flowers as there in Canada hint hint, but I have. It has been a bit of a struggle, but at least it is still Queen of the Prairie alive. #2 Queen of the Prairie are the soft pink puffs to the back of photo. #3 I tried something different on my verticle arbs this year - this is white Hyacinth bean - which I find to be way spiker than the purple. #4 The Japanese Beetles were not as tough on my white hybiscus this year. #5 I finally managed to get another perennial sweet pea (from seed) - It took long enough (2 or 3 yrs of trial & error). Soon another one of my Newbies will bloom - I have tried the soft yellow cosmo and I see I have a few buds. Has anyone else tried the soft yellow cosmo?

I admire all your gardens/flowers/posts.