Perennials: spring 2017, 2 by Loretta_NJ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Loretta_NJ

In reply to: spring 2017

Forum: Perennials

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of spring 2017
Loretta_NJ wrote:
I\'ve never gotten peony seed to germinate, not that I\'ve tried many times. My own peonies don\'t produce viable seed. Evelyn, your seedling is as beautiful as anything you can buy. I\'m looking forward to seeing yours someday, WR.
I have so much blooming now I can\'t keep up. It\'s a very colorful year.
I guess I\'ll start with columbine
1. These white columbine came from blue double pleat that I planted more than 15 years ago. They disappeared for a while and came back. Usually they are all shades of blue with white but this year, I got a lot of white. I really like it.
2. Here is an example of one of the blue and white seedlings. This one is really a blueish purple. I have other variations but they didn\'t photo well or I was too lazy.
3. Here is my chartreuse leaf columbine. Flowers are purple. I would have waited for a better picture but my dog walked through the middle of them. They have been coming true to seed. I guess they are a result of an ant planted seedling of my one and only Woodside Variegated columbine I grew years and years ago or a fluke. Who knows.
4. Strawberry begonia. I once had a nice patch of it until someone scared me about it being invasive. I stupidly pulled it out. It sticks around but it has not been anywhere near invasive for me.
5. Clematis \'Alionushka\', not a climber but long blooming. A small garden obelisk is good enough.