Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Propagation: Plant propagation - the Basics, April 2017, 1 by oxdriftgardener

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright oxdriftgardener

In reply to: Plant propagation - the Basics, April 2017

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Plant propagation - the Basics, April 2017
oxdriftgardener wrote:
Jog your memory back a month or so to my "off the wall " posting of the moose antler gathering trip with the son in law and grandkids. Someone asked what we were going to do with them and I said I just kept one and it would probably end up in a planting somewhere . I just left it laying out on the garage step hoping that one day while walking by it I would be inspired. Then a couple days ago while surveying my plant stock in the greenhouse I came up with an idea of a plant to pair it up with at least. I have a succulent in my collection that i believe is called elk horns so i thought maybe they were destined to be buddies.This morning I got serious about it and this is the result. The elk horns are the forky looking plant in the foreground. The back wall of my greenhouse doesn't make a very good backdrop so will have to post it again later in its final home outside when it gets nice and full. Even my son in law likes it and he was very adamant that they didn't belong in a planting. May have him converted

This message was edited May 29, 2017 10:50 AM