Photo by Melody

Roses: First time planting a 15 gallon rose bush with prickles., 2 by evelyn_inthegarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright evelyn_inthegarden

Subject: First time planting a 15 gallon rose bush with prickles.

Forum: Roses

Back to post
Photo of First time planting a 15 gallon rose bush with prickles.
evelyn_inthegarden wrote:
I guess that you have to say that I am a novice when it comes to rose gardening.

I have been working o putting together a White Flower Border. I have a white Lady Banks rose on one side of the arbor, but it only blooms once, though really quite spectacular. I bought it as a one gallon plant. Last year, it didn\'t even bloom, and hardly grew. This year is different, though It is still quite small, it already has some blooms on it.

So on the other side of the arbor, I planted a climbing \' Iceberg\'. I ordered it from my nursery, but I didn\'t realize that it would be a 15 gallon rose! I will show you the picture of how I did it.

Yes, I wrapped 2 empty mulch sacks around the bush, and then asked my husband to pull. It came right out , but for some reason I was unable toI do it alone. I remember that I save those bags for thorny twigs to put in the trash, as regular trash bags won\'t be sufficient to protect anyone who handles it. I happen to have some of those bags, so I put them to good use.