Perennials: spring 2017, 2 by Loretta_NJ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Loretta_NJ

In reply to: spring 2017

Forum: Perennials

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of spring 2017
Loretta_NJ wrote:
I tried mixes this year because I can never time my matches on my own well. The first shot here is the purple tulip mix with the orange emperor. You see the hyacinth to the side? That was part of a hyacinth mix that was suppose to be violet, yellow and salmon. It turned out to be pink, yellow and blue with one or two apricots. It took me a while to remember what it was suppose to be but I knew I wouldn\'t buy pink hyacinth. The second is a shot of just the yellow and blue from the mix with the one salmon from the lot. I avoided photographing the bunches with pink.
The third shot is an old planting of the same mix that never flowered well but shows two of the colors in the mix minus the yellow. Oh well. There were more mislabeled mixes that I didn\'t photograph. I had a yellow and red double tulip mix at the community garden but it had oranges and pinks mixed in. Hey, I still enjoyed them.
#4 This was a tulip at Stonecrop Gardens where I attended a plant sale. This tulip had striped foliage. Not a good picture but I thought it was interesting.
#5 A green tulip at Stonecrop Gardens.