Communities > Forums

Image Copyright the_tiny_one

Subject: Need Help with my Rosebush

Forum: Roses

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Need Help with my Rosebush
the_tiny_one wrote:
Hello, I am new to the forums.
Last year I moved in with my boyfriend. There is a rosebush in the front yard which was a Mother\'s Day present for his grandmother who ended up passing away a month later. Because of this, the rosebush has a lot of sentimental value to him and his family. Last year I noticed that something wasn\'t quite right with the bush. First of all there were no roses blooming at all the entire spring/summer, just leaves. The leaves would sometimes turn yellow and shrivel up, and the branches seemed a bit droopy. This year it\'s even worse. I live in Philadelphia, PA and we had a huge snowstorm in the middle of March. This year I noticed that a lot of the branches wouldn\'t grow leaves at all and I suspect they might have died off during the winter. There is only one small branch near the bottom of the plant that has any leaves on it. At the beginning of spring there were two other branches with leaves, but those leaves have already shriveled up. I am not sure if those branches are completely dead, or if there is a chance they could grow more leaves. I have attached some pictures, and would be grateful if anyone has any idea what\'s going on. I suspect there might be a nutrient deficiency of some kind, but am not completely sure and would like the opinion of some other rose growers.