Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Propagation: Plant propagation - the Basics, April 2017, 1 by Gypsi

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gypsi

In reply to: Plant propagation - the Basics, April 2017

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Plant propagation - the Basics, April 2017
Gypsi wrote:
I forgot it. oh the one everyone thinks is a sweet potato? I dug it up a little but it is right next to a really nice perfume grade passionflower so I was careful not to hurt those roots. had a brown root about half an inch in diameter for the top inch, then I quit digging. the leaves are more greenish now, not purple anymore. I don\'t buy ornamental sweet potatoes and that root didn\'t look like one of mine.

Those were 2nd year tulips Evelyn, I refrigerated the year I bought them, planted in pots in january, about 2/3 of the them bloomed in 2016. Dug up and put in bag in bathroom closet and forgot to refrigerate again. I\'m not buying more tulips

Bought 2 dahlia bulbs at winco foods for $1.98 apiece. I have better luck with theirs than with home depot. and they were nice and dry when I planted them.

Peonies not budding out, but I saw someone else\'s in bloom this week. going to feed them again.

Bronx might last another week or 10 days. I don\'t want to have to leave him at home when I work and come home to find that he has died. He\'s still taking walks and jumping in the truck but he is itchy and chewing his foot and pretty grouchy and has a mass in his abdomen. He went to work with me today. Will probably go tomorrow. But when it gets hot again I can\'t take him.