Photo by Melody

Greenhouse: Greenhouse Design Help Please!, 4 by Anna_Z

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Anna_Z

In reply to: Greenhouse Design Help Please!

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Greenhouse Design Help Please!
Anna_Z wrote:
I\'ve had a greenhouse since 2003...........and we built a sunroom on the south side of the house 4 years ago. The g\'house has double wall poly panels on the south roof and south wall. The north roof, wall, and the east and west walls have spray foam insulation and foil/bubble/bubble/foil on them. The sunroom has the same spray foam insulation in the walls (well, what there IS of the walls.........there isn\'t much \"wall\" in it because of all the glass. Oh, and it\'s in the roof too. We also put it under the floor. The sunroom is 2 story, which I am really glad we did, since if it would have been one story, it would have been a total snore. We were limited in the dimensions of the sunroom because of zoning, but we were allowed to square it up with the existing house wall...........where we put the sunroom had been, many eons ago, a porch. A totally crappy porch, if I may be so bold............LOL

The greenhouse, in its previous life, was our sow breeding/gestation building. We finished off half of it for the g\'house, giving me a 30x64 building. The total length is 120 feet............if we ever wanted to, we could finish the rest of it off. We will not.

Here are some pix of how we did the sunroom. Oh, I see it didn\'t put them in order.......well, I guess you get the idea.