Perennials: What\'s Blooming #3, 3 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: What\'s Blooming #3

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What's Blooming #3
DonnaMack wrote:
As I recall they are growing the ricinus in huge planters with tropicals. It\'s an amazing sight. All over the city, but particularly on State Street and Michigan Avenue, there are enormous planters of plants. Lots of hydrangea macrophylla. I was shock to see smokebushes. Businesses on those streets have made their own displays, inspired by the city. And then there is Milennium Park, which must have 100 flowering trees. I no longer live in the city but when I take the train every month into it I am experiencing what tourists must see when they first come in - bursts of color and greenery.

The University of Illinois Extension Master Gardener program works with the Kane County Chronicle to provide articles for its readers. Usually we each write three articles, but I have found that working with clients (I now have nine!!!!) helps me to address the problems of gardeners in my community. I am submitting an article tomorrow on \"Keeping the Color Alive\" and for it, I am submitting pictures of plants in bloom NOW.

These are:

Eragrostis spectabilis

Ceratostigma -plumbago

Eupatorium perfoliatum - boneset

Anemone x hybrida \'Honorine Jobert\'