Photo by Melody

Lilies: Who else is waiting for their orders?, 1 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: Who else is waiting for their orders?

Forum: Lilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Who else is waiting for their orders?
DonnaMack wrote:
Greetings! Wicked puppies! I have never been to Davidsans. I have been to Janesville. The occasion was a peony convention. Lovely place. Peonies and roses are two of my major focuses, as well as lilies.

I received lilies from Faraway Flowers. I am now waiting for some others, ten from Brent and Becky and a batch from Hallsons, but in the meantime the ones in my yard are very serious. Some of the ones I planted a couple of weeks ago are showing, but my bulbs from last year are generating lots of stems and buds.

Trading plants would be fun. I have done it with others. And thank you for the nice compliment. It comes from my being obsessive. I became a Master Gardener three years ago to give a title to my obsessions, but I have been gardening seriously since 1998, and in 2000 started two garden logs. One has everything I have bought and from whom (it also records losses, which is very helpful) but worse, I started a garden log that records everything I do and the results. So I know that if I want to grow XYZ plant I need to start it at a particular time to get same year bloom. One log goes from 2000 to 2008. The second is 2008 to the present day. It\'s cool, because if I had an insect or pest problem I know what worked. I know which shade plants grow well in sun and vice versa. The logs are hundreds of pages long, and searchable. Talk abotu obsessive!