Who else is waiting for their orders?

Janesville, WI(Zone 5a)

Patiently waiting for my lily orders from The Lily Garden, and B&D lilies. 36 for long by three foot wide raised garden bed is ready for them. I'm the meantime I'll just appreciate what i have coming up.

Thumbnail by nhra_20
Janesville, WI(Zone 5a)

With ordering multiple colors and styles and sizes, planning how i want to plant it all is the next problem. Lol good problem to have though Isuppose

This message was edited Apr 21, 2016 8:29 PM

Kansasville, WI(Zone 5a)

My B & D order arrived yesterday. They are now snug in the ground.

Janesville, WI(Zone 5a)

Crazy4brugs. What did you order? Maybe mine will be in my door waiting for me after work tonight

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Delievery dates can differ. I received mine from Farawy Flowers (she ships early but at an appropriate time for the buyer). She is in Maine. Those lilies are sprouting. And just about all of my lilies from last year are sprouting. It's thrilling. I put a chopstick next to every lily stem in the fall so I know where they are and don't dig into them. Once the stems are gone you can't tell where they are, so I used to occasionally spear one. As the lilies emerge, I remove the chopsticks.

Janesville, WI(Zone 5a)

My order from B&D lilies was waiting for me when I got home!! All my lilies from previous years are sprouting right now. Donnamack, I noticed you are from Elgin. Ever been to Davidsans Japanese Maples? One of my dogs destroyed mine and chewed it to shreds. Also maybe sometime down the road we could trade some plants? Nice to find someone close by in the same zone as me. And you seem to be a plethora of gardening knowledge

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Greetings! Wicked puppies! I have never been to Davidsans. I have been to Janesville. The occasion was a peony convention. Lovely place. Peonies and roses are two of my major focuses, as well as lilies.

I received lilies from Faraway Flowers. I am now waiting for some others, ten from Brent and Becky and a batch from Hallsons, but in the meantime the ones in my yard are very serious. Some of the ones I planted a couple of weeks ago are showing, but my bulbs from last year are generating lots of stems and buds.

Trading plants would be fun. I have done it with others. And thank you for the nice compliment. It comes from my being obsessive. I became a Master Gardener three years ago to give a title to my obsessions, but I have been gardening seriously since 1998, and in 2000 started two garden logs. One has everything I have bought and from whom (it also records losses, which is very helpful) but worse, I started a garden log that records everything I do and the results. So I know that if I want to grow XYZ plant I need to start it at a particular time to get same year bloom. One log goes from 2000 to 2008. The second is 2008 to the present day. It's cool, because if I had an insect or pest problem I know what worked. I know which shade plants grow well in sun and vice versa. The logs are hundreds of pages long, and searchable. Talk abotu obsessive!

Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.