Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners, 2 by Agavegirl1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners
Agavegirl1 wrote:
Hi Carrie,
Bikes are great! I too also have fond memories. Very practical as modes of transportation also. I didn\'t have a car until I was 22 because I couldn\'t afford one. Thankfully when I was 18 I lived in Pittsburgh which is truly set up for walking and the bus and subway systems were incomparable. A car is a nuisance there.

Ohio, and L.A. unfortunately you were hamstrung unless you had one. Truly, even if I could drive and I had a choice of using really good, efficient and fast public transportation or driving I would take the subway and buses. I also liked just walking. There was so much to \'see\' and \'learn\' that you just either took for granted or simply overlooked when you drove. Plus the exercise was great! :D

Out here, Tucson is about the closest thing to resembling a large city back East in terms of good public transportation and \'walkability\'. It is also very liberal and artsy and has such a good vibe. Too bad we couldn\'t move there. :( Oh, well sure love going there whenever possible.

Sounds like your garden is kicking into high Spring gear. The super early Spring flowers are gone and now it is time for the true Spring-Summer blooms to start making their appearance. Love Iris! The more the merrier!

\\They make me think of Vincent Van Gogh every time I see them. Purple-blue and green. What a great color combo and so \'rich\' and lush looking. Growing any Peonies? I love those and they smell sooooo good.

Cacti are still doing what cacti do in the Spring. They\'re on plant crack just growing away and blooming repeatedly. They\'ll be comatose come Summer though just like the rest of us out here in AZ.

Happy to say we got rain yesterday and today. First time since the 30th of January! Really needed it. Chances off and on through the week but they\'re small. We pretty much got the majority of it yesterday and today. Hopefully we\'ll luck out and some rain will sneak in on us in May. One can hope as I am dreading Summer out here this year. GROAN

BTW have not heard from Jim or Kay either here or on the other forum. Any idea what\'s up with them? Are they o.k.? Don\'t see hide nor hair of Bets on ATP either. :(

Anyway, Wise Cactus, ever the tender heart surprised me today with his generosity. Really knocked my socks off this morning when I stepped outside. When I thanked him, He said, \"Even though it is raining today there is no reason not to spread sunshine. Here\'s some from me to you. Make sure you share it with others.\"

Talk to you soon.
Be well.
Peace. Out.
TTC