Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners, 2 by Agavegirl1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners
Agavegirl1 wrote:
The last of the photos...of course I can post more but NOW you get an idea of why I took up S.W. gardening and why I am enamored of such strange objects as these!

Pic 1--Ocotillo in winter before it gets its green leaves in winter, red plumes on top in spring, yellow flowers in summer and then back to being bare again in winter!
Pic 2--Teddy Bear Cholla; nothing soft or fuzzy about it! big \'chunks\' drop off , blow away and not to mention \'stick\' to you like burrs.
Pic 3--My neighbors cactus. Not a barrel. something similar but forget what it is called.
Pic 4--Agave Ferox in a public parking lot

Pic 5--Your friend and mine...WISE CACTUS!!!

When I asked Wise Cactus what is \'beauty\' and what makes something or someone beautiful he said to me, \"Agave, remember, beauty is a siren. It calls to us but rarely tells the truth. No matter how dangerous it can be we race perilously towards it because whatever deceives seems to produce a magical enchantment in our lives.\"

Peace. Out.
TTC

Song for the day: \"You\'re the Reason Our Kids are Ugly!\" by Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn duet.