Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners, 2 by Agavegirl1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners
Agavegirl1 wrote:
Good Morning Carrie, :D
Yeah whatever plague I got has made me feel and look like the wrath of God. Amazing. Who knew hair could get so greasy in 4 days? Ewww! (LOL). I\'ve been taking baths and giving the legs and underarms some halfhearted swipes with the razor and been lying in my hot bath to primarily drain but have let the hair go until this morning. Scrubbed it twice and finally bothered to comb, and blow dry-style it with a round brush as per usual. Hair, at least looks much better than the rest of me!

Good news though only lost another half a pound because I could eat a whole big bowl of soup, had 2 scrambled eggs later and another one of my very good vitamin packed fruit smoothies. (In blender 1 banana, 1 can crushed pinapple, 1/2 cup o.j. and some ice. Blend until as thick and smooth as you like). Seems the natural fruit sugars give me an energy boost.

This doesn\'t seem like much but is a whole lot more than I have ate in the last few days. I\'ll try some more eggs today and soup and see if maybe I can get in some toast with my eggs and some crackers with my soup today. My stomach is growling sometimes if even just a little. That\'s an most excellent sign. Also I don\'t feel as dehydrated so I\'ve slowed down on the massive water and tea consumption (another reason why I\'ve probably lost so much weight quickly) and I\'m not mouth breathing anymore. I can breathe through my nose.

Can anyone explain to me though how one can lose weight but their thighs don\'t get any smaller? Exactly how is this possible?

Still have 6 more days of antibiotics and am doing better each day. YIPPEE!!
Everyone out here has succumbed to the flu but I only have a sinus infection. So I guess I am much more fortunate than most. Must be the massive amounts of zinc and selenium I take all year round (2 main ingredients in cold medicines) and the high dose B12 I am required to take (My body does not synthesize or absorb enough protein naturally as is the same problem with 30% of the U.S. population!)

Husband went to work yesterday and they gave him an easy \'sit down\' job. He got to drive around in circles all day in the perimeter truck so he was by himself and out of the building and away from everyone else that is sick. Today is his \"Friday\" and then he is off as normal the next 2 days. I\'m glad as he is also feeling much better but still not up to full speed. He\'s better but just wants to sleep a lot.

He told me two units in the prison are completely locked down because the inmates are sick! That\'s about 400 people! They\'re not punishing these guys but sadly they\'re locked down as if they were being punished. They\'re just trying to keep them contained and prevent them from mixing with all the well people and touching and using all the stuff everyone else uses until they get well.

I feel bad for them since they\'ve done nothing wrong but it makes sense to do so. Dave said they all seem to understand the reason and have been pretty good sports about it. Most of them are way to sick to complain or want to go stand in line for the chow hall or out to rec anyway!! They\'re all just lying around half dead like the rest of us.

DH also said the people that are normally flying the desks (unit and case managers, and correctional counselors) are out on the floor due to the amount of officers out from this plague too. There\'s a serious shortage right now of officers due to this plague!

Poor Zoe doesn\'t understand her people aren\'t well and can\'t walk her so she\'s bouncing off the wall. Poor dog hasn\'t been for a walk in almost a week. :[ Poor baby. Thank Goodness Greyhounds are relatively lazy creatures but I think even she\'s going to flip out soon. Tomorrow I\'ll insist DH walk her!

Carrie, you\'re very lucky to have a doctor that will see you almost immediately! We have a PPO so we can go when we want and to whom we like but the problem is we have to deal with their schedule and what\'s convenient for them. Since neither of us had the flu or temps over 101 we weren\'t considered a priority.

Also my disability is a little different too so it makes me less of a priority than a person such as yourself. I don\'t know what to call me. Physically able for 90% of the time but mentally disabled 100%(LOL). I\'m kind of a \'gray\' area there too when it comes to the children, elderly and disabled and pregnant women taking precedence for doctor appointments and priority treatment versus myself and my disability.

How scary to have almost died in 2002!!! YIKES, what was that from? I do remember you telling me how sick you were this summer. I felt so bad. What an awful experience. You go through so much but stay so positive. Sometimes I don\'t know how you do it.

Stay well yourself. I hope this awful plague has not reached your area and if so you\'ve been able to avoid it. Lysol! Lysol! Lysol! Spray it with wild abandon on anything and everything you can. Also they\'ve got a great all purpose surface cleaning spray and liquid floor cleaner and wipes which I love for things like the toilet handles, sinks, etc.

On the nicer side though did go stand in the front yard for a few minutes yesterday (hat on head) and absorb a few rays and take a look at the plants. Very nice even if it was just 10 minutes. Maybe I\'ll try to sit out on the patio and read a magazine or look at a catalog for a little bit today.

O.K. everyone have a good day.
STAY WELL !!!
Peace. Out.
TTC

A few of the plants in my yard. Oh, last photo is my husband claiming this is the only way he can get my attention now days! (LOL)

It also appears that the antibiotics are working.