Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: AUSSIE BROMS LOOKING TO SUMMER.... Nov 2015, 4 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: AUSSIE BROMS LOOKING TO SUMMER.... Nov 2015

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of AUSSIE BROMS LOOKING TO SUMMER.... Nov 2015
77sunset wrote:
Good morning Nev.
Lovely to hear that Trish & Joe are okay, but sad about the death in the family.
I wish them well and hope that their Christmas has a lot of joy to make up for the recent sadness.

Its very warm here again after a scorcher yesterday. At least its cloudy which is so much better.
I do not do well in the excessive heat these days.
Gone are the years when I worked in such heat.My plants are all doing very well though. A little wilting in the day , but they perk up in the cooler evenings.
I have just given everything a dose of Seasol. I use it at least fortnightly .
More often on the brugmansias as they will swallow any amount of anything...lol

Nev, coprosmas are often called mirror plants. I have the multi colored ones plus a green & cream one.
The little one I planted a few months ago in the garden bed is twice its size now.
They usually get to around a metre and are very hardy in both hot & cold weather.
I dont know about the ones you may have had. I know there is a plain green one and that they make a good small hedge.

This lot are going into large pots so I can have a bit of color all year round along the front of the unit where the garden bed doesnt reach.

Nice to hear that your Christmas party went well and how great to have had it where you had grown up.
I bet your house is full of fun with the dogs having a holiday with you.

I think , like you, I prefer the yellow in the kautskyis as it does make a statement as you say.

Love the neo Gee Whiz. Mine grew quite large so was not included in those I brought here.
I still have my vr Angela here. Isnt she just so lovely ?

Nothing much will be done here for a few days as the forecast is for more heat next week.
A good time for me to work on my wool pictures.

have added a pic of the latest one.... Tasmanian rosella... plus a couple of old brom pics ...
aechmeas... Malva, Burgundy, coelestis albo marginata.

Hello to Teresa, Brian and Trish.

Take care
Jean.