Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: AUSSIE BROMS LOOKING TO SUMMER.... Nov 2015, 3 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: AUSSIE BROMS LOOKING TO SUMMER.... Nov 2015

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of AUSSIE BROMS LOOKING TO SUMMER.... Nov 2015
77sunset wrote:
Good morning.
Well, after a very hot day yesterday, this morning is lovely and cool. Plenty of cloud and maybe the sun will stay hidden if it decides to get too hot.

Nev, dogs always seem to have great tales about the antics. I miss having a dog these days, but I know it is not suitable to have one here. I am not one for dogs being inside all the time , and thats what would have to be the rule here, as there are no fences and also busy roads. Some of the residents here do have small dogs and enjoy having them inside all the time.
Every one has their own ways of doing things.
Besides , I am lover more of bigger dogs which would probably make my small unit rather crowded...lol

Nev, my broms are gaining more color and I see a couple of new pups coming.
I was hoping to see a lot of color om the recurvatas, but they seem to be wanting to stay green this year. They are putting up pups , even though I have seen no flowers at all.

Love the pics showing the color difference in the neos Kautskyi.
Mine was under beige shadecloth and sort of a mix between your two pics.
I have added a pic but it was an early pic. The plant gained more color as it grew.

I am having a serious think about the plants I have here as I can now see how they have done in a full year.
I like to have lots of color and I am afraid that without the large garden full of so many different plants, I have more green here than I want.
I would like to have more broms with their gorgeous colors, but the small area available makes that a bit hard. I have to think of the long cold spell we get here and the warm to hot weather is relatively short.
I decide to buy a couple of coprosmas to insert a bit of bright color, so I'll see how they do.
With their shiny multi colored leaves, I may get the color I want .

Hello to Teresa, Brian and Trish.
I am off to water again after the heat yesterday.

more old pics today.. neos Aztec, Bill Morris, BirdRock, Kautskyi..

Take care
Jean.

This message was edited Dec 5, 2015 9:17 AM