Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners, 4 by Agavegirl1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
Agavegirl1 wrote:
Greetings all, :D

Hope you had a wonderful Thanks Giving. Mine was great. Made a big pot of chili, sat around in sweats, read and watched Deep Space Nine reruns (intellectual right?).

Went out today...since it is the day after Thanks Giving and did my decorating for X-Mas/plant covering as the sun is going down and it will be in the mid 30s for the next week. So 'Santa's Wonderland' will be making nightly appearances for the next week but then it will be warm in the evenings again and the goodies will go back in the garage...until next cold snap. Oh...the bow and jingle bells are staying. :D Maybe a Santa hat or two also. :D

P.S. Happy...very happy to say got my X-Mas dinner reservations made. :D

The Grill at the Hacienda del Sol in Tucson. Fabulous place has a great hotel, resort, golf club spa and two very nice restaurants in it. Nice buffet going on that required reservations. Made them. Amazing thing was they were already half booked up BEFORE Thanks Giving.
The Thanks Giving buffet was booked up by Halloween!

So I guess I'm not that unusual in going out to eat for the Holidays. Surprise...biggest surprise was DH was more thrilled than I was. I about fell over.

Again, knock me over with a feather, Dave sent the e.-mails to all the friends and invited them. Invitation put out by DH went as such:

"Just to let you know we are inviting you to celebrate X-Mas and have dinner with us at The Grill in the Hacienda del Sol hotel in the Tucson foothills.

We've decided to do something fun and different this year and go out to eat.
We will be at The Grill at 1:00p.m. You are invited to join Jacqueline and I and we hope you do. The cost per person is $$.00. Children under 5 eat free otherwise it is 1/2 the adult price.

You can check the menu on line or call to make inquiries as to what is being served or if substitutions are available. One complimentary cocktail is included. Additional drinks are to be paid for.

They have limited seating and are filling up fast. It was suggested by the person taking reservations that you call within the next week if you are going. They REQUIRE YOUR credit card number to reserve your spot for the buffet. You can pay how you like once you're there.

There IS a dress code. Ask and they will explain it to you when you call to make your reservation.

I was informed if you cancel and do not give a 24 hours notice they will charge you full price regardless of coming.

We're excited about doing something new for dinner and probably will go out to enjoy the city afterwards. Open to suggestions and ideas you have for a fun day.

E.mail or call Jacqueline or I and let us know you are going. Look forward to seeing you.
Thanks, Dave

Looks like my X-Mas will be Merry and Bright after all and my night silent and my kitchen clean. Sigh....God bless those who work on holidays. :D Oh, did I mention how much I love my husband. I knew there was a reason I married him! Doesn't say much but when he does he pretty much makes his point.

Enjoy the AZ X-Mas cheer. I am.
Hugs,
Hope all is well with everyone.
Agave.

1.) Jingle bells on prickly pear.
2.) My 'bubble garden' with the 'snow' blankets you put under the tree and some of the Santa Hats I used to keep the smaller plants warm. Found bubble wrap likes like fairly convincing 'snow' also.
3.) Red bow on the pole cacti
4.) Some Fall-early Winter color. Fire Sticks that are 'stressed'. This is usually a reaction to cold, too little water or too much heat. So far it has been cold but not freezing so I don't need to cover them. I've cut back on watering since the color is so gorgeous.
5.) Agave Crème Brule. Really pretty with it's pale yellow and green and tinges of pink. This gets covered!

Take care.