Photo by Melody

Florida Gardening: How to Propagate Salvias in Zone 9b?, 1 by hollyhock17

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright hollyhock17

Subject: How to Propagate Salvias in Zone 9b?

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of How to Propagate Salvias in Zone 9b?
hollyhock17 wrote:
Hi, me again. Ha. I did search all over DG and got myself thoroughly confused, so here I am back at "Florida Gardening," because you guys understand best I think, about what I am asking.

I have the ONE salvia plant in the photo. It's hung on for me quite a while and all I've ever done to it is remove dead stems and throw fertilizer on it once in a while. It gets sun and sprinkler water.

How can I make more of this one? I'm not even sure WHICH ONE this is, but it's the only one I've ever bought that survived for me. As scraggly looking as it is, I sort of love it because it's held on so long, you know?

I looked at a flower and didn't see any "seeds" anywhere.

Then I googled and there are too many types of salvia to even make sense of, much less find the specific instructions as to how I would propagate THIS particular one (in my zone, etc.). I think this is a fairly common salvia, but I need someone (please!) to tell me how exactly to propagate it, or point me to instructions that would work, if you know of any!

(PS: I'd also be willing to order salvia seeds that would work for my zone if anyone knows of a good place for that.)

Thank you all so much!

:)