Greenhouse: The GH, 3 by weeding

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weeding

In reply to: The GH

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of The GH
weeding wrote:
I do have heat, it's an electric heater that I have on a timer and comes on at 7:00 pm and goes off and on every 15 minutes. Come cold days it will be set to do 15 on and off 24//7. I actually have been heating the GH for years this way. It's gone down below 60 at night for weeks know and the Papayas have been OK outside and actually started putting out blooms.

I had a time of medical problems and was not able to take care of my potted plants and most of them died. I lost a lot of my plants in the ground outside when we had the terrible no rain not able to water (by law) year.

I'm afraid I will have mushrooms growing allover my GH floor. I found these mushrooms growing in my elevated garden bed in the GH. I didn't remove them right away because I was waiting to see if anyone could ID them. I went out today to find the spores allover the plastic inside the GH. I wish they were edible because I love mushrooms. I have some morel and portabella spawn coming and I might inoculate that bed with one of them since this mushroom grew so prolifically in it.