Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners, 2 by seacanepain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seacanepain

In reply to: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
seacanepain wrote:
Carrie, that’s great news about the MRI. I hope everyone necessary shows up and it goes down right this time.
Good point about the floor rot. The longer it went on the worse it would have been. As it is, the repairs can be made with two sheets of marine grade plywood. The original material was cheap by my standards anyway. The wall struts were ½ “ x 4”, instead of 2” x 4” and stuff like that. I’m thinking about tearing out some walls and re-configuring rooms to give us a larger living room, but I want to think about that a little more.
Kay is still one sick puppy, but I have Tigger here to take in the slack. I can do it with her help. Tigger tires easily, but so do I. There is plenty of warning that she is about to have an episode. The idea of power tools in her hands doesn’t worry me.
It will take longer than normal, but we can get it done. Our winters are mild enough that we can do plumbing work and projects that temporarily expose the interior to the outside without freezing our backsides off.
I’ll mail out the dragonfruit This week, TTC. Any time is fine for us to receive plants with the greenhouse so it comes down to whatever is most convenient for you.
Beth, do you recognize the plant in Photo #2?
Here’s hoping everyone had a fun Halloween. Tigger went out to a costume contest. Nadi made her traditional Halloween meal of chili and “The Stuff.” Nadi claims her Halloween Stuff isn’t sentient and will not possess the people who eat it, but it sure looks like The Stuff the miner found oozing out of the rocks in the movie and it is almost as addictive. She tells everyone while it isn’t sentient, it is alive and presents this delicious concoction with the movie running in the background. We are all Stuffies here. That’s what they called the addicts in the movie. Nadi doesn’t lie or deceive well. If she can say with a straight face that Halloween Stuff is alive, I believe she is telling the truth. I would wager that one of the ingredients is active culture yogurt. Love those delicious little buggies. Ha.
We were all awaken about 2 a.m. It sounded like the world was coming to an end. It was RAIN. No thunder or lightening. It sounded like the base of Niagra Falls for a few minutes. It has rained most of the day, but never again with that 2 a.m. force.
Photo #1: Cotton rose (Hibiscus mutabolis)
Photo #2: No ID bloom I happened to see on the path to the cotton rose. Whatever it is, it’s a good autumn color.