Photo by Melody

Bulbs: What new bulbs are you planting and where did you get them?, 3 by gemini_sage

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gemini_sage

In reply to: What new bulbs are you planting and where did you get them?

Forum: Bulbs

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What new bulbs are you planting and where did you get them?
gemini_sage wrote:
Thanks Donna! Pink Charm is a prolific grower and one of my favorite pinks, and it opens pinkish and not yellowish in the cup. I have clumps that need dividing, I'll be sure to let you know and am happy to share bulbs with you. I love your clump of Mrs. Backhouse, just added that one last year from OHG. Another I added last year from them was Beersheba, an elegant white trumpet that opens white. I hope it increases well- if it does it will be my very favorite white daff. Louis de Coligney is another pink I got from OGH last year, lovely and fragrant.

Hi Jill, good to hear from you! Pink Beauty is lovely- one I need to add! I just planted Capree Elizabeth yesterday along with a couple of other yellow/pink bicolors, Prototype and Art Design. I'm drawn to the pink/yellow bicolors because they're so novel, but have found I do like the soft, quiet yellow of the petals with the pink.They look really pretty with Gypsy Queen and City of Haarlem hyacinths. I use those in my west facing "sunset beds" where the color scheme is indeed inspired by the colors in the sunset. I've had yellow/pink Billy Graham for several years, but it seems to be dwindling. Also have grown Lorikeet, which also dwindled and finally disappeared altogether. A couple of pink/yellow ones I added last year were Blushing Lady and Tickled Pinkeen- LOVED them both, lots of blooms, and they looked gorgeous with Darwin hybrid tulip 'Marit'.

Precocious is a gorgeous showy thing isn't it! I divided them a couple of years ago and spread them around- love them!

Below are some photos of the sunset bed this past spring. First is the combo that made me so happy of Marit tulip and Blushing Lady daff. 3rd pic is Tickled Pinkeen. 4th phot shows Marit with Fragrant Rose daffs. 5th is Orange Emperor tulips with Flower Record daffs.