Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners, 2 by Agavegirl1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
Agavegirl1 wrote:
Bets...Fifth Dimension. It is the second part of Aquarius. You know..."This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius...." and then it does the Segway into "Let the Sun Shine." Ahem...If anyone listened to my songs of the day they'd know this! (and not hurt my feelings)
I had posted this one for you specifically previously! :D I also posted Johnny Nash, "I can see clearly now". Good happy sunshine songs!

Oh.....ROFL....The rain is GONE and the sun IS OUT!!! :D Did it head back to you? Nice thing about here; when it rains it pours but not more than a minute (so to speak). See, you could still make it here in time to play in the sun. Just bring them 'maters!

Carrie,
Sorry about the MRI thing. I know how aggravating this can get. Really I do. I got the run around more than once on stuff like this which is why I got so hard nosed on things. I'm surprised either you or Ray haven't gone off on these people yet.

I found I usually get my way because they never expect you to argue or go off on them. Yesterday at my Neurologist was a perfect example. I got nasty because they 'changed' their policy and want to be paid in full at the end of your visit.

I exploded..in that "royal, don't you argue or challenge me peasant" vocabulary and voice that I can adopt so well. I wasn't aware they merged with a different hospital and this was now their policy. I gave them $20.00 and not a cent more. I got home and called their patient advocacy number.

I told them, "By law you have 30 days to pay a bill. By law when you change policies regarding billing then YOU ARE required to inform your patients in writing BEFORE they decided to visit you again. YOU did not. .........
AND DON'T... YOU... EVER...EVER...EV-VER sweat me for money or embarrass me like I'm some kind of derelict who can't pay my bill when I need to. How dare you harass me for money. What? You think I'm going to skip the country or something after I leave here?
You have billed me since the get go and YOU WILL continue to do so.
You WILL do so because I SAY SO!
I have excellent credit. I have health insurance.
I have always paid your bill in full. If not I have always arranged payment with you until your bill was paid in full.
You have never had to wonder, ask or worry about money from me.
You have never had to call my house, send me a letter or turn me over to collections.
You bill has ALWAYS got paid.
It will continue to be paid.
Very simply put, WHEN I get paid you get paid You get paid. When I get paid, you get paid. I get paid once a month. You'll get paid once a month after I do.
If that isn't good enough for you then I don't have to come back! I'll go to someone who bills me, gives me 30 day to pay them and takes payments "

Gentleman said this was noted and put in my file and there was no reason to not continue doing things as always. Couldn't stop apologizing enough. I asked if I had made myself "abundantly clear" on what I expected the next time I visited the office. He said "Yes, ma'am." (I love being called by ma'am especially from people I intimidated and terrorized *grin*).

Maybe you need to start going off a little on these people? Found they'll all push you as far as they can if you let them. Bottom line is money. They want yours and they don't want to lose you. If they can't give you what you want threaten to take away the business. Works every time! Short of being illegal you wouldn't believe the things doctors have been willing to do for me and ways they'll accommodate me. I found the bigger PITA and more demanding and resistant I become the MORE I get what I want.
When they don't, like Dr. N. at the Mayo Clinic, I dump them complain to the 'new' doctor and let them know if they do the same crap I'll dump them too. I've never gotten such good service in all my life! Gotta be a raving B!@(#
I look at this way regardless of what insurance or no list or list of doctors you have YOU DO have choices. They're a business. You are the boss. They are in business because you pay them and you go there! If not they would be out on their ass and their building empty. I expect the same quality of treatment from them that I do a retail store a fine restaurant, a mechanic, or anything else I pay for. Unless they are the ONLY one there is always someone else to go to. Convenience is not always comfort. Value is not always worthwhile if it impedes on quality and flexibility.
Do they have out patient imaging centers that do MRI, CT Scans, etc. in your area? Can you go there instead of the hospital? Can you go to a different hospital if it still works with your insurance? Can you book appointments for MRIs everywhere it is possible and then go to the first one that takes you and then cancel the rest before 24 hours(*grin*)

Weather here is weird. Like I said, lived here 8 years and never saw hail. Your daughter said Phoenix had it. It will blow and storm and rain in our city but not the one 10 miles away. Half of our city gets rain the other half gets nothing. Weird out here.

Gotta go.

Oh....raised beds done! Tah...Dah...a new Aloe for it too.
My home made chili is done too! :D Yummmm
Peace. Out.
TTC

The beds and the Aloe and some close ups of the foliage and pups. Drove my eyes crazy. Had to have because of shape, color, texture and pattern! I've been outside looking at it every chance I get like I'm on an acid trip!

Song, "R.e.s.p.e.c.t, Respect" by Aretha Franklin.