Photo by Melody

Bulbs: What new bulbs are you planting and where did you get them?, 2 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: What new bulbs are you planting and where did you get them?

Forum: Bulbs

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of What new bulbs are you planting and where did you get them?
DonnaMack wrote:
Gorgeous, Neal. The Pink Charm with the daffodils is particularly lovely. I had always wondered how pink it really was. A lot of pink daffs are orange, which I knew I didn't want. I have Mrs. Backhouse "the first pink", but it is really more apricot. I do love it.

And I adore Mount Hood, but the cups are definitely yellow before they turn snow white.

It's gotten quite chilly here at night, and during the day it is only in the 50's. I have managed to pull out and protect all of my glads and have gotten my leucojum Gravetye Giants in, but it's time to get the tulips and alliums in between shivers. And I have a tender abelia that I dig up and bring in every year. Raulston Arboretum gave it to me, and I find that it's worth preserving. I have a client who put two quite large tropical hibiscus in pots and were going to let them die. I took them to my home, promising to protect them over the winter on a big table in my southfacing living room, and will return them in spring.