Ohio River Valley Gardening: Cut off peonies?, 1 by poolrunning

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright poolrunning

In reply to: Cut off peonies?

Forum: Ohio River Valley Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Cut off peonies?
poolrunning wrote:
Thanks guys. I'm just finishing up the Fall visit and I'm pretty pumped-- I have lucked into a Master Gardener I can work with at the local garden center. She guided me to and thru a bulb garden installation to 'corner' one of my planned rooms. Since that 'room' is the children's garden, it's especially that my helpers were 3 great kids working for Pocket money who I call the Neighborhood Kid Crew. Their next Saturday project is helping me downsize and rebuild an old wishing well/planter, and place about 6 garden chatchkes.

Bulbs-- a skinny kidney shape with mixed daffodils, and with grape hyacinth at the foot and shoulder. (The white wishing well goes right at the hyacinths' base.) The bulbs went into a cleft I wrote about elsewhere, where I had wanted spiraea. Nope-- when the drains clogged with roots in August, we learned WHY that tree or shrub had been ripped out! (I have a sunnier spot in mind for the spiraea.)

The bricks will move outward as I lasagna-garden out from the bulbs, for low perennials.

What annuals on top of the bulbs?

This message was edited Oct 21, 2015 6:12 PM