Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners, 4 by Agavegirl1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
Agavegirl1 wrote:
Hi Carrie :D
Welcome back! That indeed looks like you had a wonderful vacation! Good for you! All I can say is I miss the beach and the ocean. It is almost like a physical pain. It definitely is an emotional one. At least I have sunshine here. Still how I envy you!!

Hi poolrunning! :D

Nice to hear from you! Wow!! Sounds like you did a ton of work and seemed pretty capable of it. Good for you for putting those kids to work. It's good for them instead of sitting in front of a computer. Also shows them they can communicate without a keyboard and their fingers can do something other than push buttons! Know what? I bet they had a good time doing it too, pocket money aside.

Who knows maybe you started something. In Spring when your bulbs come to life you ought to show them. You may get some groupies, free labor and create some new garden enthusiast in your neighborhood. I'll never forget the time I was given an egg carton with some soil in it and a packet of Morning Glory seeds. It was great fun to watch them sprout indoors in a WARM sunny window during Winter, transplant them to small pots, and then when Spring came to plant them outside. We wound up having to put up a trellis because they grew that abundantly. My brother was given a packet of tomato seeds and his did just fine.

I love Spring flowers especially the fragrance of Hyacinths and Tulips. For looks you can't beat Daffodils and Narcissi.(Pheasant's Eye is probably my favorite). Lucky you. I got cacti and more cacti. If you look at pictures past posts above they are beautiful in their own right with spectacular flowers. I can only post some so I will. Please post some pics of your blooms when they come up and your garden projects.

My disability by the way is a rather odd one. I am able bodies but my brain doesn't cooperate. I am a severe Epileptic whose seizures are clonic tonic (drop with no warning) at the worst and also petite mal with atomism , very unpredictable and bad enough where I can neither work nor drive and have done my self much unintentional harm and injury due to this. So here I am.

BTW how far is Xenia from Youngstown/Boardman/Poland area? I grew up there and my family still lives there.

Pics 1 & 2 are my cactus blooms
Pic 3 is my neighbor's cactus
Pic 4 is our state flower, the Saguaro Cactus flower
Pic 5 is an Agave ferox; it was in the landscaping of a parking lot in a plaza. So amazing I had to photograph it.

Peace. Out.
A.G.

Song for the day: Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Everyone has seen these pics before but poolrunning has not:

Jim & Kay...how's it going with the kids?

Bet's...where you at?