Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: DAILY PICTURES # 111, 3 by Lily_love

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Lily_love

In reply to: DAILY PICTURES # 111

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of DAILY PICTURES # 111
Lily_love wrote:
N.A.N. that Poke Milkweed sounds like what I need. Thank you. I think I've planted the common MW, they refused to bloom for me, I move one into a pot culture in a sunny area with added fertilizer, still it didn't yield any flowers, I was a little discouraged. But a few days ago I noticed the container showed some new growth. Maybe next year.

This evening I discovered 2 more chrysalid, wooohoooo. 10 more 5th instars are either fasten silk, or already form a J-position awaiting pupation. The fresh MW cutting I provided this morning looking half full still. Today is the first day, I didn't have to cut new cutting in the evening hours.

Various pics. of the glass pillar house, the natural ventilation apparently works well. If I haven't mentioned, I lined the bottom of the cage with absorbing paper towels, that help me keep the spillage in check, easy to clean up. Also I've florescent light in the area to mimic natural sun light outdoor for the cats. I hope that will help some newbies finding butterfly gardening a rewarding hobby.