Central Midwest Gardening: September-Preparing for Fall, 3 by happgarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright happgarden

In reply to: September-Preparing for Fall

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of September-Preparing for Fall
happgarden wrote:
Well not all was quiet I posted a big ole thing yesterday with pictures but no where to be found :(

Glad you got your stump all taken care of. One more thing off the list!

GL sounds like you guys had fun digging thru stuff. I love doing that. I am collecting ole metal water cans, love things like that.

We sort of did the same thing yesterday GL. We drove up to BillyP's state of Iowa and went to a swap meet in Greenfield. The weather was amazing and we had a great time digging thru things. I bought an old wood pulley (I am using those to hang my flowers from on the porch), some old tiller tines, oh yeah a palm nut (rofl...just what everyone needs), and an old bakelite aqua radio with alarm (hopefully DH can fix it cause it is in perfect shape). DH bought several things for the old car he is redoing and was tickled pink at what he got them for.

Here is what I am going to do with some of the tiller tines and put it on the mailbox. Should be able to find my house...rofl.
2nd pic is of plant hanger old wooden pulley, I have three of them now, I need to buy some good type rope to make this look better, but is all I had at the time. Could hang two plants one from each side of the rope but too poor for that many hanging baskets...rofl. Would look way cool tho.
I stuck up that shelf above the door on the garden room Thursday before I went to class, I need to clean up the shelves so they look better but this is the general idea. I will probably make a wider longer shelf above the door and put them all up there for the summer, course will have to take them down before freezing weather. Wow something else to do before winter...rofl.

I am a slow learner but BillyP this time I put it in word so if it doesn't post I don't have to do this all over again.

Hope bunches of you are coming to the ru, may need to wear your snow suits...lol