Central Midwest Gardening: September-Preparing for Fall, 2 by happgarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright happgarden

In reply to: September-Preparing for Fall

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of September-Preparing for Fall
happgarden wrote:
gl, the garden shed is cleaned, the garden arbor....well. When I got home with the doors altho they are a matched pair, someone cut off the bottom of one so they don't stand even...lol Not a big problem I will cut them to match. They will not get done until later in the fall or maybe winter. I want to do some stain glass in the window panes. Would like to get them cut so they stand straight in the garden room tho. It might be confusing I have a 'shed' just a typical shed and I have an odd small room DH built me. It is not a greenhouse but a room with most of the glass in the front (south) and the side (east) that I can heat. Found a pic this is the east side, south side has two windows and french glass doors. Right behind the Garden room for my birthday 2014 he built me a pergola....now I need a deck under it, humm birthday 2016? lol

Second picture is the shed. I bought the shed but I built the garden bench on the east side of it. These are pics from when I was finishing it up in 2013. Wow look how clean the potting bench is...rofl, you should see it now...well used. I love working with wood and DH can do about anything he puts his mind to. Course getting his mind to go where I want it, well that is another subject.

[HYPERLINK@www.youtube.com]
This is the youtube video on the watering system I am going to try in the garden room. I can't afford to replace my tropical plants so this might help me. It looks like a great way to garden period. He also has one where you take growing bags fill them with dirt put them in a kids swimming pool. Then because of misquote problems he talked about those dunk donuts but then someone in Florida did the growing bags and filled the pool with pea gravel so no standing water per say. THEN...lol to make it cheaper and easier instead of buying grow bags which can be expensive he the reusable walmart blue bags and he says they work wonderful. He thought they were 2.00 but I noticed dollar general had them for a 1.00.

Sorry I have rattled on way too long! I will take pics when I get my growing gutters going. Hopefully they will work this winter and I can take them out in the summer and use them for vegtables. Oh yeah one more thing instead of using solid buckets on the growing gutters which worked great from what "everyone" said, they started putting holes in the sides and lining them with landscape fabric and they thought it worked more like the growing bags and got better production. I bought off Amazon several small laundry baskets and I am going to line them with landscape fabric.

Again I am so sorry for rattling on.....guess not enough sleep and too much diet pepsi...rofl.