Photo by Melody

Southwest Gardening: Why haven't we opened our own garden center?, 3 by WormsLovSharon

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright WormsLovSharon

In reply to: Why haven't we opened our own garden center?

Forum: Southwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Why haven't we opened our own garden center?
WormsLovSharon wrote:
I'm with you on that Rodica. I really miss the group we had. I see Detrick on Facebook with his plumeria.

I just got back from a week in Newport Beach, CA. Went to Roger's Garden. Oh my, what beautiful plants they had. I did not buy anything because of current heat wave in our area.

Photo is a plumeria I have had for over 5 years Large branch got broke last year by a gardener. When I got back from Newport, I looked it over and it has 4 different inflos so will be blooming soon. I leaned from Phoenix Plumeria on Facebook that plumeria do not branch out until they bloom. So maybe by mid year next year it will begin looking like a tree and not a stick with leaves. I also am posting the delonix tree that is 3 years old. Detrick gave me the seeds. I have two trees. They and the plumeria spent the winter in the garage.

The red castor bean is on it's 3rd year. Freezes down every year but comes back and is built like a tree.