Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #19 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners , 4 by Agavegirl1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: #19 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of #19 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
Agavegirl1 wrote:
Hi jayneth!
Welcome. We're a fun if not loony bunch. I have one dog; retired racing Greyhound named Zoe. Adopted. Spoiled rotten. Perfect people and house manners. Truly never saw a dog like it. Of course one bad habit. Treats my house plants like a salad bar!
Thus, the number of house plants have dwindled to the non-poisonous and not tasty (I guess) while the amount of cacti, aloes, agaves and assorted spiny and prickly things that (supposedly) thrive in the desert heat of Arizona has grown.
(Yes there are green things in the desert.) I'm 47, have a husband, no children by choice, and am an artist and a gardener.

I did want to say how lovely your garden is and your pup too! Very enviable garden. Truly lovely. So what are some of your favorite plants and things to grow? Looking forward to hearing about it.

P.S. Visited the U.K. once. Spent a month in London. Regretfully did not have the opportunity to make it to Scotland. :[

Pic #1 photograph of an unusual arm growth pattern on a Saguaro cactus
Pic #2 beautiful photograph of a Saguaro cactus my husband took
Pics #3 & 4 paintings I did ( and sold :P ) of an Agave and a Saguaro
Pic #5 Zoe doing her playful doggy bow; she turned 10 this April