Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015, 2 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi everyone - Not a bad day here today, fine but overcast and ideal weather to give the garden a bit of Seasol and fertiliser which I've been doing all morning.

Teresa - It looks like the needle is helping as the knee isn't as bad as it was previously, I haven't done much since I had it on Friday. Yesterday was our annual general meeting of the bromeliad society so that plus our usual meeting took up the best part of the day and for most of the time I was sitting anyway, so it fitted in with the doctor's instructions OK.

I've been standing and feeding plants all morning without any problems, but I'm not going to push my luck so I'll take it easy for this afternoon and hopefully back to normal tomorrow.

Nothing else to report so I'll just finish with some pictures of some Aechmeas I grew from seed a few years ago.

Pic.1 is Ae. bromeliifolia albo-bracteta, Pic.2 is Ae. bromeliifolia Rubra, Pic.3 is Ae distichantha var. distichantha, Pic.4 is Ae distichantha var. Intermedia and Pic.5 is a selfing of Ae. Shelldancer.

All the best, Nev.