Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #19 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners , 3 by Agavegirl1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: #19 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of #19 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
Agavegirl1 wrote:
Hi Carrie.
As I said, so happy you're doing well, aren't making trips to the hospital and your Summer is resuming as normal.
I'm glad my neighbors don't act like that either. :D They're crazy in their own socially quasi-acceptable kind of way. But aren't we all?
Somebody just had the misfortune of living next to these people in Phoenix. From the news their place looked nice and respectable. For all we know it could have happened next to you or I or anyone in any nice and respectable neighborhood. Look at the news and the places where "crazy people" do horrible things. Some of them are really nice neighborhoods even very upscale neighborhoods. Fortunately most in AZ are just the regular "crazy" as in "crazy" but harmless. The rest of are just "crazy" in an everyday manic way like the rest of the world. Then there's the one crazy here in AZ who (ahem) sit on rocks and talk to cacti. :D
It is sad. Like I said crazy is just butt nut off the rocker crazy. No other explanation for it. wish I could understand why people got this way or what makes them this way genetically or via circumstances or both. I don't. I just know butt nut off the rocker crazy is crazy. So what do you do with "crazy" when it comes to crime and punishment, treatment, moral and ethical treatment and the responsibility we have as a society that bases its self on "Judeo Christian Biblical" teachings and sets their legal code partialy on the 10 Commandments (Thou shall not steal, cheat, lie, etc).?
I haven't been able to answer these. I do ponder them a lot. I mean why can't people just pull up a rock and have a good talk with a cacti? Instead they just snap. Sandy hook, South Carolina with those people in Bible study, crazy dude here in AZ with his girlfriend. My husband was just telling me about some guy in Ohio in 1961 or 62 who shot his neighbor lady in the head for running her lawnmower at 9:00 at night and then ran her over with it. When asked why he said, "She irritated me and wouldn't quit." All I can say is I'm glad I didn't live next to that dude and I'm glad I got rocks in my yard and not grass (LOL)! Seriously, we've all said, "I'm gonna lose it. Or I'm gonna snap" But what makes someone actually do this? Ever thought about it? I have.
Anyway that what this whole news piece brought to mind. It went from the ridiculous to the sublime all the way around in terms of the senseless of the murder, the murderer himself, the victim, the Psych "security" review board and hospital playing the blame game, and just how people in general feel and think about these kinds of things in AZ, the U.S. and as human beings.
And yes, as someone who talks to other obviously educated, intelligent persons like yourselves who seem to read, think, and feel, I wondered what you thought of all this. Truth is stranger than fiction. I wondered what you made of this situation and these people. I thought maybe one of you could make sense out of it for me.

By the way BetNC your lilies are amazing. Just beautiful. They must be a joy to behold and also to smell. If they are Stargazers I know they are incredibly fragrant and sweet. I don't care where you live I think your home is charming. Nice, neat little brick home that's lovely, well maintained, manicured and has such pretty flowers. Obviously the tenant takes great pride in where they live. You should be proud. Tell them to go kick rocks if they don't like you're flowers.
I'm on SSDI too. Sigh...I'm so tired of it and COLA, and politicians and fighting about the fact they think I and everyone need even less than what we have and what they don't want to cover and how much more THEY need to put in THEIR pockets, etc. (And they wonder why people go nuts?)
My head hurts sometimes from thinking about it and I get very depressed. So, I'm going to find a rock and a cacti and have a chat. It's only a 100 today. Very cool for Summer in AZ standards. Norms now are about 109-112. Beautiful sunset coming on. Zoe is just hanging out. She'll go out with me and just hang out there a little until she wants in. That's the most productive thing I can do.

I look forward to chatting with you all soon. Enjoy the rest of your day and your lovely garden.

Pic#1: Zoe actually vertical! Doing her greeting bow.
Pic#2: "HI! I'm the dog. See me? I'm the dog! Hey! Looking? See me? I'm THE dog!"
Pic#3 I told you cacti are wise. They know, hear and see!
Pic#4 Me actually sitting (on left) on a rock under my one favorite cacti. Quite a monster isn't it! Not my house in background. Just close enough to road figure they don't mind if I just sit there and don't bother things.
Pic #5. Me sitting under a cacti in San Tan Mountain Regional Park. It was only 6 miles from my other house and like the "Redwood forest" of Saguaros, Ocotillos and had amazing views.