Communities > Forums

Image Copyright brendak654

In reply to: It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 6

Forum: Hybridizers

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 6
brendak654 wrote:
ZM

You must have sent me your luck with the Whirlygigs by telling me where to find them. Sorry you are not having good luck with them this year. Maybe they are not all up and growing good just yet - we'll hope that is the problem. Your #2 above, from the distance reminds me of a dianthus.
Nice flesh color,too. I like your giants, but of course the larger the zinnia the better I like it.

I could not get in my zinnia patches today as the ground is too wet, so I took pictures from the distance. In #1 photo, my Whirlygigs are in the shorter row to the right of the other zinnia (from my saved special stash). I planted the Whirlygigs a little later, so I haven't really got to see what I have in the way of Whirlygigs.. Just the ones, for sure, that I posted earlier. The #2 photo is taken in a different location and the birds are feasting on the seed, plus the zinnias are a butterfly magnet. Thought ZM you could enjoy seeing part of my crop of zinnias........... It's that time of year. I'm excited to see what all the Whirlygigs have to offer and any other surprises the zinnia may hold.