Mid-South Gardening: Happy 4th Of July, 1 by gen2026

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gen2026

In reply to: Happy 4th Of July

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Happy 4th Of July
gen2026 wrote:
Wow - we obviously missed out on a lot by not going thru Etta! :) Grew up hearing that song of course.

One wedding is complicated enough - I can't imagine trying to plan 2!

We missed our turn on the way home and ended up detouring to a small town called Como - are you familiar with it Sandra? We stopped and went thru a small antique store, but we missed the "main street" turn and ended up going down a block or so and routing thru some very rough streets and poor areas but ended up getting back on main a few blocks from the hwy. There was a lovely little Episcopal church at the end of the street - and I just had to see if it was open. Jessica wouldn't go with me. She assumed the church would be locked - but I ended up going up to the door and going inside. It was such a beautiful little church. I attempted to take photos but they didn't turn out good at all. Here is one of the better ones - but not good. There is a beautiful stained glass window behind the pulpit that the light completely wiped out. There was also a very nice looking steak house in the small town - we were shocked. But the man in the antique store said that the little town is loaded on Friday and Saturday nights because they have 4 different restaurants that people flock to.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Genna