Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #19 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners , 3 by seacanepain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seacanepain

In reply to: #19 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of #19 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
seacanepain wrote:
Sorry. None of us were up to writing yesterday. Scott died at age 40. Man! I hate diabetes! It is being diagnosed more and more often in younger and younger people. The American diet needs an overhaul. Too much corn syrup in everything.
Thanks for enlightening me on epilepsy, TTC. The facts are easier for me to wrap my mind around when there is a flesh and blood person at the center of it all. Purely clinical data has a bad habit of coming in one ear and going out the other.
Carrie, I’m glad it was never life threatening, but that still sounds serious. Are you breathing easier today? Did Ray get hurt in the fall? Is his back okay?
My own back surgery is scheduled for tomorrow if my potassium levels are acceptable. The doctors have been increasing my potassium supplementation for the last year. I’ve been taking a 20MEQ. nasty tasting drink powdered for months. NOW someone notices and remembers the heart medication I’ve been on has the effect of lowering potassium and prescribes a different med for my heart. Patients definitely need to do their own research these days. And they can’t understand why I am so nervous about this surgery. Lol.
TTC, the others here tease me about being an old man and I feel that way most of the time because of chronic back pain. The chronological reality is I will be 54 in November. Kay never reveals her age, but I am allowed to say she is older than I am.
Carrie, your mention of a homeless hospital roommate reminds me, I didn’t tell you how Kay checked as in chess the northern neighbors. She said if the aggressive take-over tactics continued she would give Amargia to a group of homeless people she knows in L.A. and keeps up with on Facebook. All is quiet on the northern front. ROFL!
#1: Kalanchoes and tradescantia at the MerFolk Entrance.
#2: Wild Scuppernong Grapes.
#3: Why catapala trees are also called fish bait trees
#4: Rose of Sharon lovely re-bloomer.