Central Midwest Gardening: May Rains Bring More Colors, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May Rains Bring More Colors

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of May Rains Bring More Colors
shortleaf wrote:
Yeah bp, you pretty much nailed it but her Sister in Virginia very likely won't ever return.
They had a falling out which may last forever unfortunately. Thanks Sally, I AM a good worker!

Oh, yes, pepper that would be a good spot for a shade garden. But, I'm gonna lobby for my Sister to remove some of those trees later. Those trees are too close together and I'm fairly certain they were only grown, years ago, as sources of firewood. They are Northern Red Oak and a Hickory, I think Shagbark Hickory, both firewood trees. I'd like her to keep one maybe 2 Red Oak trees and the same for the Hickories, they are neat, but thin them way out before they get too big and start looking ridiculous all close to each other. I've got to work on her to get the Silver Maples out of the front yard first though..lol I tell you, a flopper's work never ends..lol

Sure pepper, I'd volunteer to pull your weeds!

Those sure are some pretty flowers that you guys have grown.

I hauled the big boy of my collection today, my 15 - 20 year old Dwarf Pinus Strobus 'Nana' (Eastern White Pine). I wasn't about to let that drunken clown put it out for the trash. The rim of the pot it's in broke all up from moving it, the plastic is brittle now, hehe, that's the rim in some pieces in the trailer in the first pic. In the first pic it looks all bound down, I had to do that for the long ride, I would be ill if it fell out or something.