Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: May Rains Bring More Colors

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of May Rains Bring More Colors
billyporter wrote:

Will,
I was wrong. Not a flowering almond. When I loked again, the trunk is much too big. I'm sure it's a fruiting tree tho.
Pretty purple clematis!

Dyan,
I also use potting soil mixed with my compost for just planting in holes. I have pretty good sandyish loam, but sometimes you just need to use a better mix.

Howdy Happ!
I've never heard of Earth Right. I've never seen it. It sounds powerful!
My Dad lives straight down the highway from me to the south. He's in the lower end of town and he has the black gumbo. Funny how we can be so different in soils.

Will,
Is everything, (plants) at the old place? It would be good to get all your favorites at your sister's anyway, in case you lost something you really liked. It's why my neighbor and I share :o)

Maybe rain, maybe not.

I have a trellis with just room in back of it. The fences are 7' long. The silver maple has roots all over. I have Asiatic lilies behind it right now and am trying to decide what short shrub or rose I can replace them with. I want a little ''privacy'' feel, not so much as needing it screened.
It's the tree's feeder roots that will be the problem, but I can't have a rose that runs into the yard either. Suggestions?
Two pictures from behind and one front.

Have a restful day!