Photo by Melody

Specialty Gardening: Bare Dirt to Cottage Garden (in Pictures), 3 by Wifeygirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Wifeygirl

In reply to: Bare Dirt to Cottage Garden (in Pictures)

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bare Dirt to Cottage Garden (in Pictures)
Wifeygirl wrote:
Oh Ginger, I totally know the feeling! Over-zealous helpers are the worst! LOL. My kiddos are SO happy to help mom with the gardening, that I have to (try to) overlook all the damage that the "helping" causes. I have to keep in mind that I want to make gardening into a positive "spend time with mom" thing, rather than a "mom gets annoyed every time I step on a plant" thing.

Even my gardener, after I point out plants he's supposedly not to touch, pulls at least something real every time he comes. Nothing quite like lovingly coaxing a plant from seed, watching it grow and be about to flower, and then discovering that it's been weeded away! I've gotten to the point that I won't let him weed anymore. It's just too painful!

I love the Corsican mint, although I failed to water it for a couple of days in a row and the edge of it by the concrete burned. Oops! I've been watching the bottom left corner with interest, thinking that it will fill in this growing season...and today WE HAVE CONTACT! =)

Now that I've cleared all of that Verbena out of the way, the Creeping Jenny coming out of the pot is much easier to see. It's so happy and has ranged all over the place trying to find places to peep up into the sun. I think it's growth habit isn't as pretty, though, because I didn't keep it clear. Usually it grows more dense. I'm going to keep the Verbena out of the way from now on, and hopefully it'll look a little denser in the future.

P.S. In the top corner of the mint picture you can see it - the first of my Johnny Jump-Ups have jumped up! =D

This message was edited Apr 1, 2015 7:21 AM