Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads - Autumn 2015, 2 by dalfyre

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dalfyre

In reply to: Bromeliads - Autumn 2015

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads - Autumn 2015
dalfyre wrote:
Nev - I agree with Jean that the last pic with the brom mounted on the 'log' looks good but my favourite would be pic 4, the combination of the brom with the bright blue pot & white stones is very eye catching.
Mind you I think that brom would stand out even in a green plastic pot without any mulch on top of the potting medium.

Jean - nice pics, Neo Fosperior Perfection & Ae Zebra would stand out in a crowd...
and the group shot under the verandah looks great.
It will be interesting to see how the colours change with the different amounts of sun as the seasons change.

We are going away tomorrow - the weasel & her evil step sister are going into kennels & cattery respectively.

Classic Fighters is on again in Blenheim - at Omaka Airfield to be precise.
I am looking forward to seeing the show & catching up with like minded friends.

http://www.classicfighters.co.nz/

The Bristol Freighter needed a heart transplant - one engine was making metal...
some cracking was found & there was no way it would run again (safely).
One of the driving forces behind the original restoration of the Bristol to taxiing condition has a former dump resident engine that he lovingly restored to running order & then had trailer mounted so it could 'turn dinosaurs to decibels'.

He donated his engine to the cause & it has been demounted & refitted to the the plane.

l put an info sheet together for hubby as his plane won't be there but several other Austers will be & they are going to have a gathering of Auster owners & enthusiasts on Saturday night.

So you may not hear from me until Tuesday...

Have a happy Easter everybody!

Cheers - Teresa