Central Midwest Gardening: March 2015 Spring is here!, 1 by dyanisme

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dyanisme

In reply to: March 2015 Spring is here!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of March 2015 Spring is here!
dyanisme wrote:
Ahhhh What a difference a day makes! And I'm a happy, happy camper!

So I have these three Russian Sage plants that I've been watching and hoping for signs of life, and I'm fairly sure that I've over pruned them. So I was fearing that my lack of experience had just killed them, but someone pointed out that Russian Sage is pretty hard to kill and that I shouldn't give up just yet. AND......... low and behold, over the weekend I saw new growth on two of them. And I got really excited!

I also decided to take advantage of some of the membership benefits to this site and start a blog. It's more out of a desire to journal my garden efforts this year. With an eye to starting the blog, I went out yesterday and snapped pictures of all my plants. Well, at least, all of them that are showing life. So here are the two Russian Sages that had new growth yesterday. Mind you, I was THRILLED with this result.

But when I came home today, I stopped to say 'hello' to my plants and ........ oh my goodness. The two Russian Sage plants that had a little life yesterday had suddenly exploded with new growth! AND while I didn't take a picture of the third plant, I think it might also have new growth. I'll have to watch it for a couple of days to be sure, but I think that I saw something hopeful tonight. Anyway, as I said, the first two pictures are from yesterday. The second two are the same plants today. LOOKIE AT ALL THE NEW GREEN STUFF!