Photo by Melody

Pacific Northwest Gardening: HELP !!! I HAVE MOLES ! ! !, 2 by LakeLivingRos

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright LakeLivingRos

In reply to: HELP !!! I HAVE MOLES ! ! !

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of HELP !!! I HAVE MOLES ! ! !
LakeLivingRos wrote:
OH MY GOD.. I think I am on the verge of tears. I am so upset. I went outside this morning.. and it looked like my garden underwent an attack of bombs. So many plants shredded and destroyed. I had built a retainer wall all around my house and it seemed to stop the big holes and animal traffic.. and then .. THIS.. (see pictures)..

It's really like a bomb. dirt spray everywhere. Bowl shaped like explosion. 2-3 feet wide in a bowl form and 2-3 feet deep. Not like the other holes, they were clean holes without dirt spray in this way. I thought maybe an animal digging but the dirt spray goes out 15 feet or more in all directions.

I had just finished this bed that took me almost a month of work.. The last picture is what it looked like just the day before..

I know a small hole was in this area before I built the retainer system around my porch (that I dug down with pest designed protection so they couldn't dig underground to bypass). I also put a pathway with pavers and crushed granite to prevent the holes.. I seriously spent a month leveling, building a porch pest protection and retainer, and rain runoff river rock stream for my house downspout.. I also just finished putting 3 yards of compost over my whole yard..

Has anyone had this happen before? I don't know what else to do, but I am 100% getting a night vision camera to catch it, I will save money if I just buy a camera that can do this versus replacing any more plants..

I just about fainted seeing the "bombs" this morning.. I am under attack!