Photo by Melody

Bulbs: What bulbs did you plant last fall? , 4 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: What bulbs did you plant last fall?

Forum: Bulbs

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What bulbs did you plant last fall?
DonnaMack wrote:
Wow, I had no idea Colorblends were so gorgeous! I just ordered their catalog.

I think that they would look fabulous with your tulips! But then, we have the same color scheme - every single color!

I wan't unhappy. I never would have ordered them. Scott at OHG has started selling them. I purchased some more from him and he expressed surprise. He said that no one knows about them. I couldn't resist sending him my old pics - but then I didn't really discover them before everyone else, did I?

Oh, and I can't take credit for this PJM rhododendron, either. It was here when I got here. It is the only zone 5 hardy rhodie, so it was easy to get it identified. A person on Dave's got it right away. I was so dumb I thought it was an azalea. I come from the land of high alkaline clay. There WERE no rhodies, or azaleas. I thought I didn't like rhodies. It's one of my favorite plants, and I understand that it has been there for 30 years.

And at its feet, the Deutzia Chardonnay Pearls I brought from home. It was the only place I could fit my little deutzia. They bloom few weeks apart, so there is always some action there. It was a gift from Raulston Arboretum. I NEVER would have bought it - and it's one of my favorite plants. I love pint sized shrubs. Tough little guy - I got him in 2009.