Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015.. , 4 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of  OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone. I'm back again. I have a few more pics so thought I'd add them now before I file them and forget.

Its looking very sunny here after the last few days of cool overcast weather. Another week of heat I suppose. Its not so bad if we get these cooler days between the hot spells.

My garden is still looking good after the heat except for the few toasted leaves here and there. Always expected in summer though.

Shirley, I'm glad its you with the large garden areas now and not me. I can just imagine how many more broms you will fit in those cleared spaces....lol
Love the King Parrot. I used to get a lot of them in the garden when I lived in Bright in our Victorian mountains.
Many other varied parrots too.

Nev, in answer to your query on the brom in a previous post... It is neo Burbank. One of my favorites and getting quite large now. It is lighter in color than Birdrock and has many more narrow stripes.
I have added a pic from yesterday of it.
I have seen the non albo Enchantment as I had one which went when I sold the plants.
You mention rose cuttings...
I used to do a lot of them but its not the best time of year for them now and I didnt want to wait for roses to grow from cuttings.

You should get back to painting as the old pics you would have of farmhouses etc sound like great subjects.
I am sorry I got rid of a lot of photos I took may years ago when I travelled around Australia.
I would enjoy doing paintings from some of them. Places I will never get to see again.
No use thinking about them now , they are long gone.
I will have to get myself out a bit more around here to find interesting things to photograph and paint.

Teresa, I hope the headache has disappeared. Its not pleasant tot be out in very hot weather.
I hope the day out was still enjoyable for you.

Not much news from here, I live a quiet life now.

pic 1.. neo Burbank, on eof my favorites.

pic 2.. neo Birdrock...not a great pic asit looks dusty from the wind last week.

pic 3..neo Satsuma... sits in the sun but doesnt get a sdark as some I have seen on here. Maybe it needs less light

pic 4..aech. Aztec Gold & my small recurvatas with the black in the centers.

pic 5.. neo Johannes de Rolf or is it Johannis...I could not find it on the BCR.

Keep cool and stay safe..
Jean..