Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015.. , 3 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of  OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!!

Oops I realised today that the picture I attached yesterday of Neo. 'Rose Blush' is actually Neo. 'Rosy Morn', I always forget to roll my tongue in my mouth 3 times before typing it's name as I have a habit of always saying it wrong but normally if I am with someone I correct myself but during my lunch break today it dawned on me all of a sudden that I had called it by the wrong name, anyway at least everyone knows now it's real name.

Nev thanks pleased to hear you got the information regarding the water tractor, I hope you have good luck getting the exact same model from Bunnings' or that they can order one in for you as it works magic in our garden and the grass has nearly fully repaired itself in nearly all our gardens and is lush and green.

Nev thank you for the feedback on my Neo. NOID Pics 2, 3 & 5 from yesterday that you say is the same plant that you have called Neo. carolinae x concentrica. I have been chasing a name for this one for some time; any chance of you posting a picture of your one in flower to compare side by side.

Your Neo. 'Dark Rose Blush' looks different to my Neo. 'Rose Blush' I will have to find a pic to attach on the weekend if I remember.

Nev like you one of my all time favourites is Neo. 'Royal Cordovan’, it's got everything going for it and is a real stand out in my collection. I have only a couple of plants but yet to collect pups of either but I am in no hurry because they are stunning and it will be sad when they do start loosing their lust but hopefully when they do pup the pups will be as impressive as their mothers.

Peter Coyle's Vriesea Hybrids are stunning as always but I especially adored the last pic - took my breath away with it's beauty.

Brian great to hear from you; like you I am trying to slowly get back into work except I am that flat out I have not had time to catch my breath it's been that hectic.

Hope you get some rain soon, we have had some good days with down pour's and have had to back wash the pool a couple of time already just to keep up.

Your Neo. 'Rose Blush' looks like my rose blush in flower. Luv the pic of your dog taking a nap, ours sleep in amongst my bromeliads and sometimes scare me when the come out unexpectedly when I am kicking back with a cup of coffee on a brom break, especially when I think they are inside sleeping he he.

I will post this tread then take a closer look at the pics you posted of 'Warren Loose' to see what you mean, if I look now I will loose my thread that I am typing directly into DG instead of Word in the hope I can get away with it this time around (crossing my fingers & toes).

Hi Colleen sorry to hear you are frying but nice to hear you are looking after your animals, is there a way you can cool down also like when you go to the dam with the boys that you all enjoy so much. What are Spoggies, never heard of them before???

Great pics you posted also, Ae. fasciata Clara is beautiful and one that I do not have in my collection, I just have Ae. fasciata 'Pink Vase'. I have one of my Vr. phillipo coburgii growing in full sun and it's now showing the yellow pigmentation in the leaves which I am excited about and no burn marks yet even though it is still a reasonably young pup, the rest around the garden are all green.

Anyway time to head as sharing laptop with Joe tonight.

Take Care & Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1, 2 & 3 same Neo. plant that I think I have a name for but can't remember this second but I think its a Alan Freeman hybrid and one that I really like.

Pic 4 - Neo. 'Lorena' with unstable markings.

Pic 5 - Last of the Avocado's (sad face)